Re: [orca-list] New Orca feature for Firefox: Navigation by object

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:

Hi folks.

We've just checked in a new Firefox feature into Orca:  Navigation by
object.  You can now use Orca+Left and Orca+Right to move from object to
object.  This should come in handy for "escaping" combo boxes and lists
in forms after making your selection without having to press Tab.  After
all, who's to say that the next object you care about is in the Tab
order?

Hi,
Ok haven't tried this one but seems useful.

But wait.... There's more! <grin>

Because these new commands treat each object as if it were on a line by
itself, users who have requested this type of line navigation will
hopefully find that this new functionality also addresses some of those
needs.  For instance, if you press Down Arrow and land on a line of
links, you can then press Orca+Right Arrow to move link by link if you
want to look at each link individually.  We think (hope) that this
combines the best of both worlds/presentation models.

It does yes. Its great for a line of links as you said. It is now very easy to choose a link from a line full of links.
Great work!

Btw If I want to help out with orca where are the firefox scripts?
And what should I know and what orca-specific functions are there?
(Perhaps I should  have asked this in a new thread)

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d dalton iinet net au