Re: [orca-list] Screwed up keyboard layout

Hi all

Hermann, you can modify your keyboard bidning from the Orca Preferences
dialog in the keybinding tab
You have to look for the "read status line" function and with right
arrow in the key binding or alternative key binding field you have to
press space and then Orca will prompt for a key binding.
Here you can press a single key sequence or a double or triple press of
keys
e.G Press capslock + s twice quickly and then the double press of
capslock + s will perform the read status line functionality
(afterapplying the changes).

Hope this help

Javier
El vie, 29-02-2008 a las 22:29 +0100, Hermann escribiÃ:
Hi,
changed my laptop layout, Orca+slash doesn't work on a German keyboard,
because this character is located on different places on the keyboard.
So I changed it to Orca+minus. But now the double click for reading
status line has gone.
How can I get it back?
BTW.: How is the keyboard layout coded? I think it shouldn't matter what
key is pressed, the operation should be performed. But unfortunately
this seems not to be the fact. It depends on the locale, whether a
keystroke is performed or not, why?
Hermann