Re: [orca-list] how to start emacspeak speech server with orca

Hi,

Can I suggest that you use speech-dispatcher wit orca.

This way you will be able to use the standard outloud server with emacspeak
which uses alsa as well as the ibmtts module with speech-dispatcher that
also uses alsa.

This way you will have no conflict with oss v salsa.

You will have to compile both the outloud emacspeak speech server as well as
probably speech-dispatcher (use 0.6.6 or later).

What OS are you using.

If ubuntu then simply getting the speech-dispatcher package from hardy and
rebuilding should work.

HTH

Bart