[orca-list] Ubuntu 7.1 and Orca Installation probs

Hi all:

Well I got my HP-Pavilion ZD-8210 Laptop back from the service depot
and I'm trying to install Ubuntu 7.1 with Orca. Running it 1ST from
the live. I burned the image initially to a DVD instead of a CD and I
think this might present some problems, sluggishness and such, where
DVD's generally spin slower than CDs. Upon installation, I received
and indication about a TTY device not found and the job is terminated
and then a flashing curcer. No sound is heard nor is the desktop
loaded. Just the shell. My graphics is an ATI Mobility Xpress 600 with
128 dedacated ram, and my sound is the Connexant AC 97. The processor
is a P-IV 3.2, 800 frunt side bus and 512MB or ram.
Please Advise:
Thanks in advance:
Michael Ryan