[orca-list] Training goals as a Linux Redhat certified Engineer and Asterisk certified professional

Hey guys,

Below follows a letter I am asking for help here as my State Services for the Blind counselor in Minnesota here knows nothing about Linux and the state techs for the blind say it's impossible to take the courses over the internet. I would appreciate any comments you can provide aan this please. I would be giving those in a compilation to my counselor. I believe this is the first time they have seen Linux and they are running before the techs can crawl because most of them are trained on Windows. I only know of one who runs Simbian on his cell phone

From: Scott Berry <n7zib northlc com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 2:12 PM
To: Orca List <orca-list gnome org>
Subject: Training goals as a Linux hRedhat certified professional

Hey guys,

Can you help me convince my counselor that Linux is a good work goal? I would like to become Redhat certified and also have a certification in Asterisk. I am posting below my counselor's response and also my goals. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Scott. I do not know that much about Linux so I requested some feedback from SSB techs and they seem to believe that you would encounter access issues
if you pursue Linux training. It was suggested that many parts of the course load for Red Hat Certification would not be accessible to a screen reader
user. Can you provide some clarification about this matter? What is your job goal, etc? Thank you and I look forward to your response.
Steve Pesola
Rehabilitation Counselor
MN State Services for the Blind
3920 13th Ave. E.