Re: [orca-list] Problems with Gnome 2.24 and Orca 2.24.2

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 09:28:06AM -0500, Willie Walker wrote:

Very strange.  All I can think is that you might be pressing the "Print
Screen" key.  Is it possible this is near the up arrow button and you
are hitting it by accident?

I've confirmed that this is not the case. The same key functions as expected
at the console and even in Gnome menus. I've also tried deleting the Orca and
Gnome configuration files, which I had copied from another machine, and
re-creating them from scratch, but the problem persists.

I also notice that if I log out of Gnome, bonobo-activation-server and
espeak-synthesis-driver are both left running, and have to be killed manually;
otherwise, Gnome fails to load properly when the next X session is started.

I've noticed this sometimes as well and have logged a bug here:

Thanks; I'll watch that bug.