Re: [orca-list] OO and ORC

On 26.08.2008 21:56, Milton wrote:
Hello List,

Is there an accessible OCR program with Orca? I tried to put text on my
screen from a scanner. My system contains Ubuntu 8.04.1 and Orca 2.23.6.
I tried in OpenOffice to import from the scanner but it only import the
text as an image.

Ubuntu comes with no OCR. You might try out Tesseract, but it is a text based program, and it needs sane and sane-utils installed. Teh configuration cannot be described in general, because it depends on your scanner. Note: The results cannot compete with those of sophisticated Windows OCRs, such as Finereader or Omnipage.
Hermann