[orca-list] OpenOffice dialogues

Greetings all,

I actually came across something I don't remember seing before yesterday while using OpenOffice in Fedora 9.

The dialogues were not reading correctly.  For example: when I finished using the spell checker, the dialogue
to say the usual success message didn't read.  The ok button was there but nothing else.

I may have set up the java-access-bridge in other installations as it's something I generally do at the start
however I've not done it in Fedora as I assumed it was no longer an accessibility related dependency. Am I
incorrect?  Is this just something that's cropped up as a new bug or has it been there all the time.

I should add that although I've found the spell checker reasonably accessible, it's far from usable.  Please
Please Please could something be done with this?  Again, if I'm missing some vital key strokes please feel
free to stone me or something equally as painfull.  However, if keystrokes are available, the speech provided
by Orca should be customised so that more context sensitive information is spoken.

Just as a final note, wasn't the usability of the spell checker included in the case studies that were  used
to formulate the basic orca requirements a few years ago?  Case study may be the wrong term to describe the
document I'm thinking of...

I must take a look at the open orca related bugs and feature requests for OpenOffice to see if any of my
other moans have been addressed by other people before going off on a rant on this list.

Slán

Darragh Ó Héiligh
www.digitaldarragh.com