[orca-list] pleasment for analysys The real cause of random crashes of Orca with Espeak in Ubuntu distributions

Dear users and developers,

    I would like to please You, if somebody, who is really experienced developer and have deep knowledge about Gnome, modules related to audio drivers in Ubuntu and Aspecially about driver for Espeak in Ubuntu, if could be done somethink so Ubuntu distribution could start be really fully usable with Build in Espeak synthesizer. I AM aware, that users could choose other compatible text to speech synthesizers with Orca, but I think, that it is really very sad, that several Ubuntu distributions are suffering because of problems with random crashes of Orca when used Espeak synthesizer. If this problem is not specific for Ubuntu distribution and if this issue is really related to The Espeak driver, do You think, that it could be better to incorporate Speechdispatcher to The Ubuntu distribution with Espeak instead of using non reliable driver? I used Ubuntu with speech dispatcher with Espeak connected to it or even with Festival synthesizer and all worked ammazingly. I AM writing about this because I think, that this non stable behaviour of Orca can undervalue whole work of Orca development team, and whole development team of whole Ubuntu distribution, because it is complex to use unstable Screen Reader no matter in which operating system. Sad is, that this instability is not caused by Orca or accessibility architecture of gnome and by complex software relationships between of those modules. If it is too complex to debug Espeak driver, my opinion is, that it could be really better to include speechdispatcher to Ubuntu distribution. If it is not possible because of licensing issues, well, I understand it.

    Developers of Ubuntu made much for accessibility, even Installer can be automatically launched. One think, that I can not understand is The reason, why Ubuntu development team stopped to include very reliable algorithm for detecting connected braille display. This algorithm worked ammazingly, Brltty has been ready for use with Orca. This algorithm worked in Ubuntu feisty and Gutsi, unfortunately, somebody decided to remove those algorithms and I do not why? Those algorithms worked reliably and if they caused The fact, that Orca sometimes did not stard, I think, that it could be better to disable automatic running of Orca, users could wait and run Orca manually. If Gnome accessibility features were enabled. If somebody know The reason, why users have to enter parameters manually to use braille output with Orca in Ubuntu Hardy Heron and also in newest live versions, I would lieke to know this. I know, that The reason was probably related to reach positive targets, but i really do not think, that it is good idea to remove reliable automatic features. I was able to use braille with Orca just after first boot of Ubuntu.

Last think, that I would like to know is, if it is allowed to modifi Ubuntu package or no? If it is license protected project non opensource?

The kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel