[orca-list] suggestion for adding new quick navigation keys for Mozilla Firefox WEB browser

Dear core developers of Orca Screen Reader,

    I would like to please Your development team to analyze my following idea.

Many WEB pages on The Internet are specially formatted, The elements on The WEB pages are having various characteristics such as Headings can have multiple levels, there are comboboxes, buttons, radiobuttons or graphics. I Am aware, that adding new feature is requiring to modifi whole Orca source code and that adding new hodkey for Mozilla Firefox is requiring Your time and working with source code.

But:

What do You think about possibility to add shortcuts for all levels of headings, so:

CTRL+numeric number 1 could jump to heading level 1, CTRL+numeric number 2 could jump to heading level 2 ETC. I have numbers on The numeric keypad on my mind. Because there are WEB pages, which can contain specific information, which are located near The specific heading level.

I would like to please you for adding c letter for jump to combobox, g for jumping to a graphic. And upper case letters could directly jump to backward of those elements. G backward for previous graphic.

My opinion is, that because visually impaired users can not fastly use mouse and their eye for quick finding of A specific element, Screen Reader would provide as many navigation keys as possible for fast navigation. During thinking about my suggestion, please try to have on Your mind, that speech or braille navigation with using keyboard can not provide so fast access to The information, which can be provided by sighted computer users. Because this The reality, try to analyze, if is it possible to get necessary information about as many elements as is it possible and I think, that it is better to have for example 20 various keystrokes for quick navigation, than to have only 10 or 8, and user must find The information according The find function.

When I read WEB page for A first time, I have enabled Screen Reader feature, which is informing me about various types of elements, which are displayed on The WEB page. It means, that if I can quickly find necessary information, I rather use quick navigation keys to fastly jump to A specific element on The WEB page instead of typing some letters of string, which can move The cursor to The place, which I want.

This server is The example of many elements and when quick orientation on this WEB pages could be possible  by adding new various navigation keys to The Orca.

If somebody of use could personaly send Me latest Orca snapshot zipped in The E-mail attachment, I will try to add those new navigation keys myself and I will try to send modified source code to The core developer of Orca. But I do not know, if I will have chance to understand The algorithm, which is used for creating new hodkey for Orca in Mozilla Firefox. And if The names of objects for Mozilla Firefox in Gnome have The same names, like Control names according to MSAA in Windows XP. Somebody also could send Me only The .py files, which are driving The orca during using navigation keys in The Mozilla firefox.

Thank You for Your patience and for your time. And please, try to think about my suggestion slowly and do not refuse this too fast until You will deeply analyze my suggestion.

The kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel