From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Mike Gorse
Sent: 04 August 2008 21:15
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] What synth are people using?

Hi all,

OpenSUSE currently provides festival and espeak, but gnome-speech is not
built with espeak support, and festival is used by default.  It seems to
me that espeak is more widely-used than festival these days, so we should
probably make it the default for 11.1, but I wanted to take an informal
poll to see which synth people prefer.  So, if people could email me and
let me know which synth you're using or if you have any input either way,
then I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Mike G-