[orca-list] Add/Remove Applications with Orca issues

While not perfect, this used to work in Ubuntu 7.10, and maybe I'm missing something and it still does in 8.04, but so far I'm hitting a wall.  In 8.04 Hardy Heron, if one goes to Applications->Add/Remove, finds the software they wish to install, checks the check box, and then clicks the Enable button on the resultant screen, absolutely nothing appears to happen whatsoever.  The application never installs, no matter how long you wait, and there's no indication from Orca what is going on.  This used to be the case in 7.10 as well, but if you waited a minute or so, you could Alt-F4 out and have speech back, and your application would be installed.  What step am I missing here?

Josh de Lioncourt

...my other mail provider is an owl...