Re: [orca-list] ImportError: No module named brl

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:13:55AM +1000, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
After I reinstalled brltty, I get this message when I run orca -t:

ImportError: No module named brl

It's trying to load the old module for versions of BRLTTY prior to 3.8.

Are you sure that the Python Brlapi bindings were installed when you
reinstalled BRLTTY?
In Debian, this is the python-brlapi package. If you built BRLTTY from
sources, be sure that the Python bindings were installed.

To check, you could also run python from the shell and attempt to import the
brlapi module:

jason jdc:~$ python
Python 2.4.5 (#2, Mar 11 2008, 23:38:15)
[GCC 4.2.3 (Debian 4.2.3-2)] on linux2
import brlapi

jason jdc:~$

If the above gives an error after the import statement, then the Python
bindings aren't installed properly.