From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org]On
Behalf Of Jason White
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 12:19 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] orca problems on fedora 8

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 05:04:32PM -0700, Donald Raikes wrote:

orca: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.

** (orca:17295): WARNING **: Failed to send buffer
The application 'orca' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.
xmodmap:  unable to open display ':0.0'
xmodmap:  unable to open display ':0.0'
xmodmap:  unable to open display ':0.0'
Cannot start Orca because it cannot connect
to the Desktop.  Please make sure the DISPLAY
environment variable has been set.

Can you switch to a virtual console and run, e.g., ps -t tty1 to find out what
processes are running after this happens?

Given an unmodified installation of Fedora 8, this shouldn't be happening, or
it would have been noticed earlier and reported as a bug. I'm starting to
wonder whether the X server is working correctly on your hardware.