Re: [orca-list] suse 10.2 no speech

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 21:52 -0400, Cody wrote:
Hello,

I have just installed suse 10.2 and know my sound card is working. I
press alt f2 and type orca and the text setup comes up without speech
and have not been ale to get speech of any kind. Festival is installed
and is the default selection in the prefs. anyone have any clue.

Sorry.  It looks like it could be specific to your machine.  Orca is
usually ok and speaks when I install SuSE 10.2 here although gnome-panel
makes it very slow to lode anything using the run application box.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

If you are interested in getting speakup working on your kernel though
le me know and I'll try to help with that off list.

Darragh