[orca-list] installing ubuntu

I figured out my quandary, now, just hope it'll work when gutsy comes out.
the question I have now is, when I came to the partition thing, I was under the impression I'd get "resize and use the free space," but, instead I only got "erase entire disk" and "manually edit the partition table"... where it clearly says in the 7.10 orca documentation that you'd see all choices... is it just me? or what? thanks.