Re: [orca-list] Speed in orca

Chris Norman wrote:
I am using Orca at it's fastest speed, is there any way of making it
speak faster? I am using espeak, and Ubuntu 7.04.

Hi Chris, since the Speech Dispatcher backend uses different conversion
rules than Gnome Speech, the resulting speed will most likely be
different for the same Orca setting.  Thus you may give it a try and you
may get a faster speech.  It may also be slower, of course.  I can't try
myself, since I don't have the Gnome Speech espeak driver installed...

See http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SpeechDispatcher for more info...

Best regards, Tomas.