Well --with-ibmtts is optional!
HTH.
Halim

On Mo, Nov 26, 2007 at 09:50:11 +0100, Hermann wrote:
----- Forwarded message from Hermann <meinelisten onlinehome de> -----

From: Hermann <meinelisten onlinehome de>
Subject: Re: Speech Dispatcher 0.6.5rc1  (help with testing)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:24:41 +0100
To: Hynek Hanke <hanke brailcom org>
Cc: speechd lists freebsoft org

Hi,
just downloaded and tested the rc1, and I got a lot of trouble:
1. SD refuses to create the proper pid file when the owner is set to
speech-dispatcher. One has to chagne the owner to root (in the init.d
startup script).
2. Having done this, I faced a big and unpleasant surprise: SD showed
the espeak.log file on the screen and read it instead of the desired
output. For example:
Starting Speakup resulted in speaking the whole logfile instead of
tracking the cursor and my actions on the screen.
3. Typing:
aptitude reinstall speech-dispatcher
didn't solve the problem, the missbehavior persisted. Solution:
apt-get remove speech-dispatcerh --purge
apt-get install speech-dispatcher
and configuring the program from the beginning.
I fear there's something terribly wrong with that version.
I've tried it on my desktop computer with GRML in text mode. I don't
want to test it on my notebook as long as there's no explanation for
that strange behavior. I don't have a testing machine, which would be
the best in such cases.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)