[orca-list] need help getting espeak working.

Hello all,

I need some instructions for getting ESpeak working.

I'm trying to get it up and running with OpenSuSE 10.3.

It is available in the repositories and installs ok.

However, when I run espeak on the command line, it complains about
differences in espeak-data/

Pluss,  although the configure process in gnome-speech recognises
espeak, the make processes failes due to it.

I've tried looking at both the source and the pre-compiled version for
debien systems however I'm not having much success.

My most recent problem was with portaudio.  As instructed on the ESpeak
website, I coppied portaudio.so.2 to portaudio.so
That didn't work so I coppied it from /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib
That worked slightly but now it says wrong elf class.  I assume then
that the pre-compiled package of ESpeak isn't compatible with 64 bit
systems?

Any suggestions welcome.  I don't mind compiling it but when I tried
using make in /src in the source archive, I was told that it couldn't
find g++ and I couldn't find a package for it either in the OpenSuSE
repositories either.

God, This SuSE stuff doesn't make things any easier.

Give me Ubuntu any day.