Re: [orca-list] Automatic reading of webpages

Hello Hermann,
sorry for talking back to the team again, but the feature implemented in
revision 2438 doesn't work propperly, and I question its usefulness.
If there's one thing I really hate in Jaws, it's that automatic reading
which you cannot turn off, unless you manipulate the default script.
We could certainly make the automatic reading an option in the orca
preferences on the firefox page.  If we do this you can simply turn it
off if you don't like it.
I suggest an alternative: I prefer to hear the number of the main elements,
such as links, lists, tables, headings and frames. Unlike some list members
I find it useful, since it gives a brief overview of the structure of the
page, and it makes searching the page easier, wehn I know that - for
example - there are frames or tables, that - maybe - provide information
i'm looking for.
This information will most likely get added to "where am I" at some
point.
At the current state of the reading feature Orca hangs in teh first line of
the page, but on some pages it reads. I couldn't figure out in the short
time why it sometimes reads and sometimes hangs.
This is a bug in sayall which will be addressed in the near future.
Mike