Re: [orca-list] plugging other language voices

"IT" == Ishwor Thapa <rowhsi gmail com> writes:

    IT> Now what I am trying to do is install orca in Nepalinux (debian
    IT> based linux in Nepali Language, the script being Devanagari). As
    IT> festival wouldn't take devanagari utf8 directly, we previously
    IT> used transliteration in perl. Now it seems we need to do similar
    IT> in python.

    IT> So I would like to know how the festival is being accessed in
    IT> orca and can we process the text before sending it to the
    IT> festival and then send the processed text to festival..
Hi,

you can try speech dispatcher http://www.freebsoft.org or
speech-dispatcher package in Debian. Speech dispatcher provide a several
output modules festival for examle. the advantage is that you can use
speech dispatcher for different client like orca, speakup for console or
speechd-el for emacs and still you have the same API for synthesisers.

If you will need some other points feel free write again.

Have a nice day

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008