An: "'hermann'" <steppenwolf2 onlinehome de>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. März 2007 21:07
Betreff: Seeking webcasts of the Sun presentations

I'm new to gnome and the list, but not new to Linux.

I've just started playing with Orca on Feisty Fawn and would really love
hear all the sun presentations.  They would give me much needed background
and help me get up to speed faster.

Unfortunately I couldn't afford CSUN this year, and had I
Asked my employer to pay, it wouldn't have been ethical to attend the sun
presentations at their expense.

Does anyone know if the presentations were recorded and available for
download?

As an aside, I was disappointed that ACB radio, reporting on the
convention,
barely mentions all the open-source activity this year. Our ACB radio
reporters detail the access triumphs and gotchas of Windows Vista; they
are
all agog with excitement about several competing talking PDAS.  The
proprietary notetakers for the blind are very cool, but they can't help
give
us greater access to mainstream computing, in the long run.

--Debee