[orca-list] Linux Nubie: Questions of Basic Linux Concepts

Hi Frank,

In your recent message posted to the Orca List, some of your concepts went completely over my head. For
myself, and for others who may be asking similar questions, could you please explain your responses to the
following?
*  OSS: as in "Both gnome-speech and speech dispatcher use oss."

*alsa: as in "Hopefully at some point we will get a
speech system for orca and lsr that uses alsa."

I am sorry for being basic, but if things don't get a little elementary for me, I simply won't be able to
join the community.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rajiv