[orca-list] Espeak, Esound and Speech-dispatcher

Hi,
when I use the 3 mentioned programs together, I face deactivating of sound
by Esound, whenever a sound event is played, for example a mail arrives.
This happens when I've started the GUI, but not in text mode only, because
Esound isn't used there.
To make a long story short, it seems that Espeak causes the problem,
because it outputs the sound via play or aplay. I came to that conclusion
because extended testing showed, that when I use SD with another synth -
Festival or Flite - this doesn't happen. Both synts don't use external
programs to produce speech output.
It does not happen when I use Espeak with Gnome-speech, but the speech
quality is not that excellent, as with SD: The speech is stuttering, and it
is turned off as soon as I play an audio file, due to the fact that
Gnome-speech uses OSS.
The only solution I found is deactivating softmixing and that means
deactivating Esound; Consequence: I have no system sounds including e-mail
notification.
I experience this since the upgrade to Feisty.
What can I do to find a better solution? Are there plans to develop a
driver for SD and Espeak, so that no player is needed?
Hermann