Re: [orca-list] Linux and Orca Newbie.

Hi their.  One program that you will want to llok at is Evolution.  this
is how you can retrieve your e-mail in a Gnome Environment.  This has been
extensively tested and scripted.  Their are some problems and issues, but
they are slowly being addressed.  On a side note, I personally have never
used Ubuntu, but I am using Debian Sid AKA Unstable.  Gnome 2.18.2 is
slowly entering the Unstable tree.  This is a slightly different version
that you will have in Feisty (I think you have 2.18.0?)  but it should not
pose any problems for you.  Another program that you should check out is
Gaim which will allow you to use various instant messaging services from
one consistent user interface.  It also supports various plugins and even
supports IRC and for certain protocols, you can transfer files with your
buddies.  it also has some unique features of its own.  I oculd go on, but
if you have any problems or questions, e-mail me off-list and I'll be glad
to help you in any way I can.

--Erik

eheil sdf lonestar org