[orca-list] NewBe to Orca and Linux. An introduction and question.

Evening All.

Firstly an introduction. My name is Nick Adamson. I'm a Software Engineer in the UK currently working for a military subcontractor. Mostly we do command and control systems and are responsible for rolling out the British Armies new radio and situational awareness system.

I'm a C++ programmer predominately in windows, I use Supernova for a screen reader.

I've just been moved over to a project in our experimental software section which is involved in writing and porting some software over to Linux.

I've only ever used Linux for a couple of days about 5 years ago so to say I don't know what I'm doing is an understatement. Is anyone out there developing with Orca and one of the development environments. Which one and is it possible with out any useful vision.

As I write this an old laptop behind me is installing Ubuntu. It was going to be a duel boot system with Windows but I don't think I picked the write option so it looks like it's going to be just Ubuntu, (That's why I used an old system I don't use much now.)

Are there any tips and tricks I can use or any documentation which is a good place to get me started.

Cheers.
nick.