[orca-list] [Fwd: Announcing Orca v2.19.5]

FYI...Orca v2.19.5 went out today.  Congrats and thanks to everyone for
their hard work and feedback.  There are just a few development releases
left before GNOME 2.20 -- you can find the complete schedule here:

Will

--- Begin Message ---
Office and progresses via continued engagement with end users and
contributions from wonderful community members.  Recently, we've had
the pleasure of contributions from Scott Haeger and Eitan Isaacson
who are being funded by the Mozilla Foundation for their contributions
to Orca.  Thanks Scott, Eitan, and the Mozilla Foundation!

Come join us -- help the community grow.  You can read more about Orca
at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.  See also the Orca road map at
http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap/Orca.

NOTE ON FIREFOX 3.0 SUPPORT: we know many of you are anxiously awaiting
compelling access to the web via Orca and Firefox.  We're making steady
progress on this front, both in Orca and with the Firefox team.  We're
getting there step by step, and we're receiving positive comments from
people who are having good success with where we are today.  We'll keep
going -- join us on the Orca list and share your comments, suggestions,
and questions.

==================================
* What's changed for Orca v2.19.5?
==================================

General:

* More work on the regression testing framework and tests

* Adjusted the uppercase pitch setting so that it is still noticeable
  but not quite so high

* Fix for bug 354468 - support bookmarked objects

* Fix for bug 354479 - Automatic presentation of "balloon" type
  messages

* Fix for bug 375396 - Orca failed to exit after stopping the full
  screen mag.

* Tweak for the fix for bug 376515 - Add GUI support for the new
  customizable text-attribute feature: avoid errors when ~/.orca is
  not present

* Fix for bug 382601 and bug 400720 - Orca should indicate selected
  text on the braille display and support accurate presentation of
  text attributes on the braille display

* Work on bug 395146 - Crash at start. Try to start an HTTP server on
  settings.httpServerPort. If this fails, retry
  settings.maxHttpServerRetries times, each time incrementing the
  server port number by 1. If we are still unable to start a server,
  just fail gracefully.

* Fix for bug 436888 - Include widget status information in speech and
  braille for flat review

* Fix for bug 438333 - Need to present progress bar activity

* Fix for bug 439191 - sayAll by sentence can position the text cursor
  in the wrong place when interrupted

* Fix for bug 442069 - Unneeded gnome-speech drivers not stopped when
  GUI setup window is dismissed

* Fix for bug 446881 - Orca braillegenerator code assumes that
  what's in a table is a table cell

* Fix for bug 449964 - Pass the key event information to the speech
  system to allow more advanced key echo handling (thanks Tomas Cerha!)

* Fix for bug 449978 - Punctuation keys not echoed (thanks Tomas Cerha!)

* Fix for bug 450037 - Password field for gdm speaks characters you
  type instead of "star star star star"

* Fix for bug 450213 - should acc._narrow(Accessibility.Accessible) be
  a SEVERE error?

* Fix for bug 451531 - Orca failed to report the conversation message
  of pidgin.

Firefox:

* Fix for bug 409728 - Orca repeats mouse-selected text numerous times
  in Gecko

* Fix for bug 447191 - Firefox read page summary

* Fix for bug 448096 - Orca does not provide access to progress bars
  for FF3 downloads

* Fix for bug 449171 - Orca gets stuck in endless loops on woot.com

* Fix for bug 449232 - Firefox move to next large object additional
  tweak

* Fix for bug 453229 - Orca should honor the repeated character count
  setting in Firefox

Thunderbird:

* Fix for bug 449152 - Cannot create a new message in thunderbird
  while using Orca

OpenOffice:

* Fix for bug 450210 - StarOffice.py needs null-check for
  self.getFrame(event.source)

New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):

    es      Spanish              Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez and
                                 Jorge Gonzalez
    ta      Tamil                I. Felix
    vi      Vietnamese           Clytie Siddall and Nguyen ThÃi Ngoc Duy

* Where can I get it?

You can obtain Orca v2.19.5 in source code form at:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.19/orca-2.19.5.tar.gz
http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.19/orca-2.19.5.tar.bz2

Enjoy!

The Orca Team