Re: Orca Question about the scripting language!

Hi Paul:

The Orca scripting language is Python, which is easy to learn and has
been around for a long time.  There are plenty of tutorials available on
it.  We list three on http://live.gnome.org/Orca under the "Python
References" section:

http://www.diveintopython.org/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596001886/sr=8-1/qid=1143766104/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-6779448-2183842?_encoding=UTF8
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596009402/qid=1143766175/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-6779448-2183842?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

For using Python to write scripts for Orca, we're working on a script
writing guide.  Since we're working as quickly as we can on Orca, and
since we do some refactoring from time-to-time, the script writing guide
tends to always be out of date.  But, the overall philosophy and ideas
tend to remain constant.  You can take a look at the latest out-of-date
script writing guide here:

http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/orca/trunk/docs/doc-set/orca.html#SCRIPTGUIDE

After things settle down (e.g., the Orca team and the Firefox team end
up working out a decent accessibility solution to Firefox), I intend to
of the code.

Hope this helps!

Will