Re: Orca Routing functions in ?

Hi Hermann.

I took a look at the site that you mentioned and didn't have any
problems -- other than a bit of a language barrier. <smile>

After I followed the "Programm-download" link, I was brought to a new
page and used h to move by heading until I got to "Die SWR2
Wochenprogramme der letzten und nÃchsten Wochen".  Then I down arrowed
until I got to the link named: "5. bis 11. Februar 2007 (RTF-Datei)".
Then I tried a couple of things:

1. Pressing Enter on the link presented me with a dialog box in which I
could choose to open or save the RTF file.

2. Pressing the applications/context menu key (or Shift F10) brought up
a context menu for the link to the RTF file -- and not the application.

I didn't need to use flat review or the Orca right-click command at all.
I happen to be running Minefield/Firefox 3 and the latest Orca from SVN
TRUNK.  I also have an orca-customizations.py file with the following
lines in it:

import orca.Gecko
orca.Gecko.controlCaretNavigation = True

In answer to your cursor-routing question, the short answer is "yes and
no": Yes the functionality is in place; no there are no special commands
to accomplish it. <smile>

When you are in focus tracking mode and switch to flat review, Orca
automatically routes flat review to your location in focus tracking mode
so there's no need for a special routing function to accomplish it.

Going in the reverse direction, if you have used flat review to navigate
to a location and want to move the caret there -- assuming, of course,
the caret *can* be moved there -- you use the Orca left mouse click
command.  (JAWS' "route PC to JAWS" command is largely a redundancy.)

Since you're coming from the JAWS world, think of flat review as JAWS'
invisible cursor with the added ability to click on things.  Orca leaves
the actual mouse pointer alone.

I hope this helps.  Take care.
Joanie