Orca Trick: Reading pdf's with Evince and Gedit.

Hi all

Happy new year to the Orca community.

While Acrobat is ready for accessing pdf content under GNOME, I am using
the following combination for reading pdf's.

1. Open evince and a pdf file
2. Press control + a for selecting all the text.
3. Press control + c for copying all selected.
4. Open gedit
5. Press control + v for pasting
6. Press control + home for go begining of document and read it.

All these steps  I have put in a python script
and used the dogtail api (install python-dogtail package first)

#!/usr/bin/python

import os
import sys
from dogtail.procedural import *

os.environ['LANG']='C'

argumentos=' ' + sys.argv[1]
run('evince', argumentos)
click('Edit', roleName='menu')
click('Select All', roleName='menu item')
click('Edit', roleName='menu')
click('Copy', roleName='menu item')
click('File', roleName='menu')
click('Close', roleName='menu item')
run("gedit")
click('Edit', roleName='menu')
click('Paste', roleName='menu item')

#end of file.

So when you run this script with a pdf filename as parameter, you get a
gedit window with your text converted.

Regards,

Javier