Re: Orca Error at session startup

Willie,

at-spi version 1.17.2 has hit feisty.  I upgraded to it this morning
with no change.

I have also tried creating a new user just in case it was something in
my gconf settings or the like.

When I create a new user orca runs as expected in setup mode and then
after logging out and back in again I get the same error message.

The .xsession-errors file doesn't appear to contain anything useful:
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/X11R6/bin/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x
"/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "test"
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
.
Any pointers/ideas on what to look at next?

Bart

Willie Walker writes:
Hi Bart:

Some instability was introduced in AT-SPI recently, so you might be
running in to this.  Rich Burridge and Joanmarie Diggs from the Orca
team helped track this problem down. Rich ultimately found the source of
the problem and provided the AT-SPI developer with a patch.

As a result, the AT-SPI developer recently released AT-SPI 1.17.2.  It
may not make it into this week's release of GNOME 2.17.92, but it should
definitely make it into next week's release of GNOME 2.17.93 and into
the upcoming GNOME 2.18.

Will

Bart Bunting wrote:
Hi all,

I'm running the latest Ubuntu feisty and have recently started getting
the following error after i log in.

Asistive technology  support has been requested for this session but
the accessibility registry was not found. Please insure that the
at-spi package is installed.
Your session has been started without assistive technology support.

I'm not sure where this is comeing from, have of course got at-spi
installed, and have even tried reverting the version of at-spi to the
last couple of versions in case this was the issue.

This didn't make any difference.  Does anyone know where this might be
comeing from and how I should go about troubleshooting it?

Regards

Bart