Re: Orca Is Gaim really accessible?

After providing the neccessary data, I got connected to a server called
Nickserve, telling me, that I must register my nickname. I had to repeat
my password, and then the registration was complete.
However: Every time I reconnected, I had to go throug the same
procedure, because that Nickserver told me, my password was incorrect.
After having repeated it, I got connected.
Is this the regular procedure? I was suggested tu use irc.ubuntu.com as
chat server.

Odd. There is a 'Remember Pasword' checkbox in the account page. If it is checked, you shouldn't need to re-enter your password.

But the real barrier I faced when I tried to download the room list.
Orca locks up and I had to kill Gaim to get it back. When I cannot
download the room list, I don't know which rooms are there.

I'm only an AIM and IRC user, and I'm definitely not skilled in the finer arts of IRC. I do use Orca with GAIM, though, and it works OK for me. What command do you issue to download the room list?

Will