Re: Orca at-poke

Hi Bart:

We were just talking about this the other day. The problem is that at-poke purposely hides itself from the AT-SPI infrastructure. Here's the relevant lines from at-poke's main.c:

        /* We don't want to show ourself */
        putenv ("GTK_MODULES=");
        putenv ("GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=0");

I suspect the main reason to do this is to prevent the optional listening of events from causing an infinite loop: if event listening is enabled in at-poke, at-poke will output events it receives to a window, which in turn causes an event, and so on. I'm not sure of any other reasons for doing this.

If you're willing to play, you might try taking those two lines out of at-poke's main.c and see what happens. As an alternative, I think the dogtail folks were also working on an at-poke-ish like thing at one point.

Will

Bart Bunting wrote:
Hi,

I tried to have a go at using at-poke, but it appears to not work with
orca.
Is there anything similar I can use that will work either with orca or
from the command prompt?

Bart