Re: Orca Using 's braille support with brltty 3.8-dev

Hi Will,
both of your suggestions did match: I had to install python-pyrex, and I
must start the brltty in /bin.
But this is a problem:
Due to a wrong parameter in the first install (--prefix=/usr), my system
always searches the /usr/bin/brltty. If it isn't there, brltty won't start;
if it's there, there's no braille support for Orca.
What to do?
I changed the startup script in /etc/init.d:
1. In the pathline I put /bin: at the beginning. Does it matter where it is
situated in this line?
2. changed DAEMON to
DAEMON=/bin
former it was /sbin where the 3.7.2 binary was located.
Is it possible to remove or rename the /usr/bin/brltty and replace it by a
symlink pointing to /bin/brltty?
Regards
Hermann