Re: Orca Using 's braille support with brltty 3.8-dev

Hi Hermann:

The BrlAPI in BrlTTY 3.8-dev underwent several incompatible changes, and we did the best we could to keep up with them. Orca v2.17.91 from this week should hopefully work with the latest BrlTTY -- I made the changes to Orca Sunday morning and tested them before doing the release.

If things aren't working, I'm guessing the things you might look for are:

1) Are you sure you're running the latest brltty? If you went with a simple autogen when building brltty, you might have two copies on your machine: one under /usr/bin/brltty and one under /bin/brltty. If so, the one under /bin/brltty is the one you want.

2) Did you have Pyrex installed when you built brltty? If not, then the Python bindings for brltty were not built and Orca is going to assume you have the old version of brltty.

This is unfortunately life on the edge. Once this stuff settles down, the distributions will get everything right.

Hope this helps,

Will

Hermann wrote:
Hi to all,
because it offers support for Speech-dispatcher, I installed the developer version of brltty, so I can use a German synth with brltty in text mode.
However: This version of brltty does not support braille in Orca.
Dave Mielke told me to install a developer version of Orca, so that braille support is back.
1. Does the developer version of Orca indeed suport brltty 3.8-dev?
2. If so, what must I do to install this version? For brltty I had to set up Subversion. Can I get Orca over this service, or do I have to install a different service like CVS? If this is the case, how can I do this?
Regards
Hermann