Re: Orca Submenus in Firefox 3

I think the equivalent command on Ubuntu would be:

  sudo apt-get install libespeak-dev

Note to everyone who's saying "CAN THEY MAKE THIS ANY HARDER ON US POOR USERS!?!?": The main reason we're running into this frustration right now is that we are on the bleeding edge and the integration by the operating system distributions has not happened yet. As a result, the integration currently has to be done by hand. Keep in mind, however, that the OS distributions are listening. Solaris, for example, includes FreeTTS integration out of the box, and I believe Ubuntu is working on eSpeak integration for Feisty.

Will

Halim Sahin wrote:
Hi Hermann,
aptitude install libespeak-dev was enough to build gnome-speech.

MfG.
Halim