Re: [orca-list] (Slightly) O.T.: removing backup files.

Rm -r will recurse, but it will take its arguments and remove each file or directory specified. Ie, typing "rm -r *bak" would cause ths ehll to expand *bak, and rm would remove all files and directories in the current directory with names ending in "bak". It would not descend into other directories and only remove files with names having that ending. You'd need to use find if you want to do this and recurse to an arbitrary depth.

-- Mike Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.freeshell.org --