[orca-list] Questions about user setup effects

We've run into a bug over on openSuse and we're trying to understand the
behavior a bit.  If anyone can offer their insight, it would be greatly
appreciated.

To briefly describe it, if you start up orca as root in CLI, with the
command 'orca --no-setup --disable main-window' and then run yast2 in
gnome desktop, yast2 modules will crash.  We're working to figure this
out on our end.

However, in the process of analyzing symptoms, I discovered that if a
user does not have .orca files in their home directory, then the crash
does not occur.  What is confusing to me is that we are not running Orca
as that user.  Therefore, why should that .orca directory matter?
--
---Bryen---