[orca-list] [Fwd: Announcing Orca v2.21.3]

FYI...
--- Begin Message ---
===============
* What is Orca?
===============

Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader
that provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification.  Orca
development has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility
Program Office via continued engagement with its end users and
generous contributions from wonderful community members.

The Orca v2.21.3 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.21.3 development release and requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi from GNOME v2.21.3.

You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.

==================================
* What's changed for Orca v2.21.3?
==================================

We have aggressively been addressing bugs. We've done some work on performance as well, but we have a ways to go. Please look to Orca v2.21.4 for that work.

NOTE: keybindings change below as a result of work on bug #500193.
This effects gaim, gnome-mud, and learn mode users.

2.21.3 - 03-Dec-2007

General:

* Lots and lots of pylint'ing (bug #486726)

* Beginning of work on performance (bug #491576).  We still have a bit
  of work to do.  We actually have some changes, but we're not
  comfortable with them yet.

* Fix for bug #407647 - Indicate the tree level, expanded state, and
  child nodes in the Pidgin buddy list

* Fix for bug #472665 - Speech Pane combo boxes mis-populating in Orca
  Preferences dialog

* Fix for bug #486899 - Where Am I doesn't present checkbox state in
  tables

* Fix for bug #486901 - When tabbing to a text area for a spinbox or
  editable combobox, text selection should be presented

* Fix for bug #486909 - Where Am I should say "n of m items selected"
  and "on item x of y" in layered pane

* Fix for bug #486971 - Where Am I doesn't present toggle button state

* Fix for bug #486976 - Basic Where Am I in multiline text areas
  should only present info for current line

* Fix for bug #487189 - Where Am I should present accessible
  description if it exists

* Fix for bug #500193 - Update keybindings for reviewing previous
  messages.  The keybindings have been moved from the number keys
  to the F1-F9 keys.  Bookmarks are still on the number keys.

  NOTE: this effects the Orca learn mode key.  Instead of Orca+F1,
  it is now Orca+h.

  NOTE: this effects the review of previous messages in gaim and
  gnome-mud.  Instead of Orca+{1,2,3,...} to read the last nth
  message, you now use Orca+{F1,F2,F3,...}.

  NOTE: this also effects the debugging tools.  The new bindings
  are Orca+Ctrl+Alt+{the following}, where {the_following} is one
  of:

  End - reportScriptInfoHandler
  Home - printActiveAppHandler
  Page_Up - printAncestryHandler (think "look upward in hierarchy")
  Page_Down - printHierarchyHandler (think "look down from the top")

Firefox:

* Fix for bug #462883 - ARIA tooltips/alerts are not being output

* Fix for bug #468551 - Support ARIA checkboxTriState

* Fix for bug #469718 - Gecko.inDocumentContent() needs to account for
  'embedded component'

OpenOffice:

* Fix for bug #435201 - Orca is too chatty when navigating by
  paragraph in OOo Writer

New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):

    es      Spanish              Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez and
                                 Jorge Gonzalez
    gl      Galician             Ignacio Casal Quinteiro
    hu      Hungarian            Kálmán Kéménczy and Gabor Kelemen
    sl      Slovenian            Matej UrbanÄ?iÄ?

* Where can I get it ?

You can obtain Orca v2.21.3 in source code form at the following:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.21/orca-2.21.3.tar.gz
http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.21/orca-2.21.3.tar.bz2

Enjoy!

The Orca Team