Re: [orca-list] orca and other sound

Hi,

you have some alternatives which may be more or less work.

If you are using feisty then:
you could attempt to get speech-dispatcher to work, or you can use the
aoss trick described at the Orca FAQ, search for the word "alsa"

If you are running Ubuntu Gutsy, then installing speech-dispatcher is
the most straightforward option, just
sudo apt-get install speech-dispatcher
and select it in the orca speech page.

Hope this helps.