[orca-list] how to switch orca's interface language

Hello all,
I have started translating Orca into my language and I would like to
know how do I switch Orca language to that translation so I can test
what I have done so far.
I have found by reading tthe archives how to merge my translation with
the head revision of Orca but I seem unable to find a hint on how to
make some use of the file. This includes generating catalog mo file out
of my po file.
Please point me to the appropriate place where I can read about this or
enlighten me directly if this has not already been discussed.

Greetings
Peter