[orca-list] Using Firefox XUL applications with Orca?
- From: Milan Zamazal <pdm brailcom org>
- To: orca-list gnome org
- Subject: [orca-list] Using Firefox XUL applications with Orca?
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:02:25 +0200
Does Orca work with XUL applications run in Firefox? When I visit a
simple XUL page http://www.brailcom.org/~pdm/test.xul containing two
pieces of text and two buttons, I have troubles to navigate through it
and understand the contents using current svn snapshot of Orca and
current CVS snapshot of Firefox Minefield.
- Caret mode doesn't work in non-HTML XUL text elements. At best the
caret is visible but it can't move and the common reading commands
- In flat review I can't get _inside_ the main XUL window.
- Using the TAB key and arrows I can read the buttons but not the texts.
- Using Insert-KP-+ I can sometimes read the texts but never the
- The information about the page contents is available to Orca as can be
seen after Insert-F8.
So what of the following is true?
- I do something wrong and Orca can actually read the page in a standard
- Orca doesn't support generic XUL applications in Firefox, but an Orca
script could be written for the purpose.
- Each XUL application should be equipped with a special Orca script to
be really accessible.
- Anything else?
] [Thread Prev