Re: [orca-list] how do I find text in nano

control-w is what you are looking for.

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, John J Herzog wrote:

Hi everyone

When using nano to edit my /etc/gdm/gdm.conf file, how do I quickly and
easily find text? The file is rather large, and ctrl F doesn't work as it
does in gedit. I have also checked through the menus by hitting alt F, and
not found a find option.

Sorry for the questions, but once I have root enabled, things should go much
more smoothly for me.

John

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:02 PM

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

CallCentre csir co za

NOTE: The CSIR (http://www.csir.co.za/) has formally adopted the open document format
(ODF) as the standard to support open access to information.
More information on the ODF is available at http://opendocumentfellowship.org/
and the official web site of the non-profit organisation for the
Advancement of Structured Information Standards (http://www.oasis-open.org/home/index.php).
The latest copy of OpenOffice can be downloaded from http://www.openoffice.org/.
Enquiries regarding the CSIR's move to open source software can be directed to vula csir co za