Re: [orca-list] some programmers want to contribute to orca.

Hello Krishnakant,

good news, thanks.

What to do?
There are mainly a lot of small bugfixes to do, I suppose. I think you will get feedback on this list soon.
A big thing would be to get rid of AT-SPI. That would be a big improvement and we could use ORCA on the XO
($100 laptop), then. Well, AT-SPI is fine - sure - but it has a lot of dependencies with big fingerprints and
due to that it is not usable on small devices like XO, openmoko, N700 et cetera. Even fast machines slow down
with ORCA/AT-SPI.
This is not a discussion KDE vs Gnome, again. We have to get rid of AT-SPI to use ORCA even on small devices
/ old computers. It would be fine if you were able to work on that issue.

just my 2 cents,

yokoy

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:14:02 +0530