[orca-list] tangential topic: ooxml and accessibility

Hi folks

This is possibly off topic but I am trying to let people know about
the ooxml process and to encourage people to post comments to the
national standards bodies in their countries or to post papers or
blogs and send the links to groklaw.

We currently have a single functional standard for documents.
This is useful especially in niche markets.
Here is a paper which has been written on accessibility and ooxml specifically:

"This paper undertakes a preliminary analysis of the OOXML format with
respect to its accessibility, with emphasis on accessibility to
persons with disabilities. We will demonstrate that the OOXML format
fails to adequately support accessibility of documents."

http://atrc.utoronto.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=371&Itemid=94

From the University of Toronto.