[orca-list] Orca on XFCE, using Xubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn"

Hi all,

I'm using XFCE 4.4.0 on Xubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn", and trying to use
Orca screen reader with them. I'm working on a project with children
with visual and learning disabilities, and XFCE seemed to us more
feasible than GNOME due to computational resources issues.

I have a few questions, guess it's the right list to post them. :)
Is there anybody there using XFCE with Orca? How well does it work?
I'm currently using Orca's latest version (from SVN, just got it
yesterday) with eSpeak pt voice, and even though my Firefox' (still
2.0) window titles are correctly spoken, the XFCE menu options aren't.
Also, Orca's screen and messages aren't read. Is there any
configuration I'm missing, or this is known not to work under XFCE?

We won't be using Firefox right now in this project, so I didn't
bother to install version 3.0 yet, but the menu options and a few GTK
applications (yet to be developed) are expected to work. Does anybody
have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or what can I do to make it
work?

Thanks for your attention,

--
Mírian Bruckschen