Re: [orca-list] Does .orbitrc work?

Should root be the only owner, or should the user have access too?

As long as root owns .orbitrc, .orbitrc contains these two lines:

ORBIIOPIPv4=1
ORBIIOPUNIX=0

and gksu keyboard grab is disabled, I would think you'd be all set.  Put
another way, the above is what I did, and I can use Orca to access all
the system admin tools, such as network-admin, by choosing them in the
System menu.

That said, on our wiki (http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SysAdmin) it says:

Even after you've disabled the gksu keyboard grab security feature,
you may run into problems where Orca speech stops when an application
is running. As such, it is advised that you find the command line name
for the GUI tool and run the command to bring the GUI up from a
gnome-terminal window.

So.... Maybe there's a difference between my system and yours which is
causing you to have the aforementioned problem.

What happens if you try sudo network-admin?