Re: [orca-list] can't access the package manager to install softwares, orca not speaking.

Hi Krishnakant.

I tried using the psynaptec package manager in ubuntu 7.04 with orca.
but after I enter the sudo password for software installation, I don't
get any speach output.

This is indeed a known issue.  And one which has been improving, but is
still a "work in progress."

There are several workarounds.  The "preferred way" is to create
a .orbitrc file in your /root directory and disable gksu keyboard grab
in the Orca Preferences dialog.  Details on how to do this, along with
other workarounds, can be found here:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SysAdmin

Hope this helps.
Joanie