Re: [orca-list] sound on feisty

Hello,
On Fr, Apr 20, 2007 at 09:30:43 -0500, Brent Harding wrote:
Are there cards that can actually handle the multiple sources coming in out
there that don't depend on odd Windows drivers to do it? I don't know that
we can set a separate device to be used for speech.

One device for speech???
Hmm I am not shure that is useful.

Cards like sblive are able to do this stuff in
hardware.
But I wrote a few months ago that on my system many multimedia apps
aren't usable together with orca and I have a sblive.

I am shure thats not only an audio issue because I can use oss sounds
and alsa sounds together and more than one
per soundsystem.

A little test:
1. open orca with speech disabled and try gxine
or rythmbox.

HTH.
Halim