Re: Orca Information about installing orca

Hello,

I need to know something about the orca installation.
First of all, Can I install orca from an rpm file with yum?
I'm using fedora core 5 now and ? prefer to install the package with
yum.
I do not personally use fedora but I did read several months ago that a
rpm had been created.  I however do not know if it has been updated to
reflect recent orca releases.  It would probably be best to contact the
fedora accessibility team about this.  Your best bet might be to
configure the latest orca released tarball from gnome.org.

Second, I'd like to configure orca with the braille display, how can I
do that?
If you have brltty installed and configured with its brlapi you should
be able to use orca with braille.  In the setup that you get when
running orca for the first time you will be asked    if you wish to use
braille.  The keys on your braille display will map as closely as
possible to the ones used for brltty.
Please also check out the wiki at live.gnome.org/Orca for more
information on orca.
Hope this helps